upgrade from jacket to wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can be notoriously cheap sometimes but just as a little point, if you went with what you LDS has and spend that extra money you can amortize it over several years because it is good high quality gear. The alternatives are also good, probably as good but you are on your own for set up which is actually quite easy if a little intimidating the first time.

The H is good stuff, so are most of the others.

There are plenty of resources on the interwebs on how to setup a bp/w, and one purpose of going with this type of setup is to customize the size and layout of it to your body/needs. Why then pay a premium to have a shop set this up for oneself?

-Z

I can be notoriously cheap sometimes but just as a little point, if you went with what you LDS has and spend that extra money you can amortize it over several years because it is good high quality gear. The alternatives are also good, probably as good but you are on your own for set up which is actually quite easy if a little intimidating the first time.

The H is good stuff, so are most of the others.

Some of the others (ex. HOG and Deep 6) have dealers (independently operated) that will order the stuff for you and help you assemble it. I had both a HOG and Deep 6 affiliate do that for me.

There’s plenty of support for both of those companies...local via independent scuba shops/dealers and through the company.

There are plenty of resources on the interwebs on how to setup a bp/w, and one purpose of going with this type of setup is to customize the size and layout of it to your body/needs. Why then pay a premium to have a shop set this up for oneself?

-Z
Because some people like to be shown, I don’t but I can recognize the desire and if he likes his LDS why not use them? I don’t want someone not taking the step to better dive equipment because they feel they need help. I totally agree with you that the help isn’t likely necessary and the on line tutorials will probably work.

Some of the others (ex. HOG and Deep 6) have dealers (independently operated) that will order the stuff for you and help you assemble it. I had both a HOG and Deep 6 affiliate do that for me.

There’s plenty of support for both of those companies...local via independent scuba shops/dealers and through the company.
Maybe not where the OP lives.

Because some people like to be shown, I don’t but I can recognize the desire and if he likes his LDS why not use them? I don’t want someone not taking the step to better dive equipment because they feel they need help. I totally agree with you that the help isn’t likely necessary and the on line tutorials will probably work.

Maybe not where the OP lives.

Do you always make excuses for others or is that just your Sunday gig?

-Z

Do you always make excuses for others or is that just your Sunday gig?

-Z
Not always, sometimes though like my giving you some latitude for your obvious head injury.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom