Upgrade my gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don’t rule out the Mares power plana! If you are looking for a negatively buoyant, shorter, fin. Great for tech or recreational. Not too stiff but unmatched thrust. Look no further.

I also have a set of the Mares Quattro’s. I like them too. As mentioned, long and flex.... but when I am leading dives for recreational divers in poorer vis or teaching I use them. Mine are the bright green and easy to see. They are a great fin. Personally I don’t like them for tech dives. Not enough thrust for the effort with all the tech gear on, and too long and flexible for penetration dives.

That’s it. ScubaPro Jet Fin. Done!
Know what boot you are wearing. Same issue with the Hollis F1. Xl or XXL.
XL work with smaller 3.5mm kind of boots
XXL are for bigger boots (rock boots/ over boots)
But try them with your boot.

Scubapro jets with spring straps.

You’ll never need another pair.
i hear that its too heavy ... so far negatively buoyant

I use:

Hollis F1, size XL. 2# negative in fresh water
Hollis F1 LT, size Regular. 1# negative in fresh water
Deep6 Eddy fin, size Large. Neutral in fresh water

I use the F1 fins in my drysuit, where the extra negative buoyancy is very helpful. And I need the larger size.

I use the other 2 sets of fins for wetsuit diving in different configurations. Which fins just depends on whether i can use more or less negative buoyancy on my feet to have the trim I want. Typically, I would use the F1 LT fins in back mount doubles, the Deep6 fins in sidemount, and I might use either pair in back mount single tank.

The Hollis and the Deep6 fins are stiff, but not TOO stiff, and work well for technical kicks.

I tried the Dive Rite XT fins and they were too stiff for me. I felt often just on the verge of getting cramps when using them.

I have the Hollis F2 fins, Dive Rite XT, and Aqua Lung Hot Shots. The Hot Shots are my FAVE. But for shore diving where I need a boot, or in my drysuit I use the F2. I should just sell the Dive Rite Fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom