Upgrade to powerdirector 14 what a difference!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbomb001

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just wanted to pop in and give a quick thumbs up for powerdirector 14. I've been using 10 for some time now and have always been struggling with different things such as color correction and whatnot. So the other day I decided to step up to 14 ultimate and what a difference! This new version is loaded with new features and has a whole section for use with action cams! New version will handle just about any editing need your heart desires I simply can't wait to get back into the drink and collect some new footage! Vary happy with new software;-)

Sent from my galaxy S5 Active.

Thanks for the tip. I was looking around on their web site. I see right now they have where you can buy the software outright. Or go to a subscription service like Adobe is doing. I am not a fan of renting software. Especially when I can go several months without taking video. So do you think they will go completely subscription only? I buy outright I'm done. Use when I need it. I rent by month I pay regardless. I don't want to start using this and like it then get left with no support because I wont go to the subscription plan.

I am by no means a pro. My best advice would be to take some raw video and start playing with the different tools and features. I got the ultimate edition and it has more tools and features then I know what to do with lol. The color correction feature helps me more then any other. I'm using the bluefx color correction. If you spend a bit of time playing around with adding tracts and effects dub in some sound and use a few transitions you can turn out a worth while vid in no time. One thing I am glad to see is hardware acceleration back for Nvidia gpu's. I lost that feature with a driver update when I had 10.

I also doubt they will go sub only I too will not "rent software " I buy it use it as needed and I always make sure to get the disk as well.

Sent from my galaxy S5 Active.

The thing about "renting" it though (depending on what model they use), if you use the software for say 2 times a year, you only pay for 2 months or whatever. The other benefit is you always have the latest version via renting, so it's not like you pay for 14 then pay an upgrade for 15 etc... it all depends on how you use the software i guess.

I do most of my color correction in gopro studio right now as i shoot in protune raw with my gopro. But if if hardware acceleration is back then great i missed that

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom