upgrading OC wrist mount computer NiTek X ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdowndude

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm want to purchase a wrist mount computer for use with He. Has anyone had their hands on a Nitek X ? Which computer do you prefer? and why? I currently dive OC. Any input would be helpful.

Douglas

Started with a Nitek He ... didn't like it. The computer doesn't like deep stops, and didn't seem to like helium all that much either. Bent it about half the time I used it, trying to dive the profiles I felt comfortable with. Sold it and went with diving just a bottom timer for a while.

I'm currently diving a Liquivision X1. It likes the same profiles I like, since it uses the same V-Planner software I have on my home desktop for planning those dives. It's got a real intuitive interface, programming and switching gases is a snap, and I LOVE the bright OLED display ... especially in dark, murky conditions.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob:

You certainly take beautiful pictures! I didn't care for the strange behavior of the Nitek He on long stops either and the long beta testing on the Nitek X has certainly shied me into another direction as you can see. I like what I am reading in the owners / operators manual for the Liquivision X1. Thank you.

Douglas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom