Uprising Beach Resort - Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Orange Roughy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

I am looking at Uprising Beach Resort at Pacific Harbour, Fiji, which is close to Beqa Lagoon.

I have found plenty of info on the awesome shark diving at Beqa, but haven't found much on Uprising Beach Resort. I think its a fairly new resort. Have any of you stayed there, and would you recommend it? :questionmark:

Thanks

(PS: I have found a few reviews on trip advisor, of which nearly all are excellent, but would like divers' opinions also)

Hey Orange,

Check out my post "Fiji Trip Report Dec 08".

I stayed there and I was very impressed, excellent staff, good food, large clean dorm, let me keep my dive bag in reception which was manned 24/7..i would definitely recommend it!

Also did the shark dive with AquaTrek, saw 2 Tiger sharks on the 1st dive (one 14ft pregnant) and many Bulls on the 2nd dive, a lot came within 2 feet of me...the DM let me sit right next to him (bc I had a camera) as he emptied fish out of a wheelie bin.

If you need any more info just ask..

Hi outpost31,

I couldn't find your trip report. Could you please post the link up?

Thanks

Uprising Resort is probably one of the hidden jewels of Fiji. They bill themselves as a backpacker resort but it is anything but. They do have a dormitory, but the individual bures are roomy and are really close to the beach. Pacific Harbor has probably the best beach in Fiji - very long and sandy. Depending on the time of year the surf can get pretty big. the only shortcoming that Uprising has (IMHO) is that they do not offer a meal plan. The restaurant scene in PH is pretty limited. Uprising food is good, it's just ala carte.

thanks for all the info. i'm going to be at the uprising in july and am now really excited after reading the positive reviews.

Back
Top Bottom