Upstate NY newbies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

welcome Mike... Im from Orange County (Monroe) much farther south from you but still may be able to hook up with you at some point in the future.

Hey Mike,

I'm in Rochester also.

The lack of decent local diving generally sucks, but I'm still managing to go diving almost every weekend (when the water isn't solid). It just means a lot of driving... I can tell you of some good places - drop me a PM.

Cheers,
Jason.

Ah, when the water is solid just get a chainsaw.

welcome Mike... Im from Orange County (Monroe) much farther south from you but still may be able to hook up with you at some point in the future.

Hi, CJM,

I'm south of you and have family in Blooming Grove/Washingtonville, right by you. Some SB'ers in the Sullivan/Orange County area have invited me to dive with them the next time I'm up north visiting family, you should join us. They dive in the Delaware River and some local lakes and rivers in your area.

PM me if you're interested and I'll give you their info.

Sam

Apologies to Mike, Melissa and upstate area divers, I did not mean to highjack your intro thread. It's just great hearing from others who have the need to dive. Stay safe and wet!

fppf- Funny you should specifically mention that.......we are planning on doing that drift dive in August with the folks from our local dive shop, and we're stoked.

No worries Sam, no harm in taking it in whatever direction it flows.

jmyabeer- will do.

Last edited:
Yes, training is a must if you want to ice dive for sure.

Mike, we do that dive weekly, if you want to come down just give a shout.
Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom