Urchin diving at Timber Cove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JulianSF

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone,
After 4 years of mostly organized diving abroad, I've moved back to my hometown in NorCal and bought my a of gear. I'm looking to dive Timber Cove in search of sea urchins, which I hear are abundant and an easy reward while checking out NorCal diving for the first time.
Does anyone have an tips on tide or general advice for a Norcal diving newbie?
I have all my gear and a fishing license. How's Timber Cove, anything else to look out for?

Thanks

The Sanoma coast is one of my favorite areas to dive but it is very exposed so make sure you check the swell reports a direct west swell can pound you and you are on your own up there. Also check with Fish and Game as there are no take zones like Gerstle Cove were you can't take any game inside the yellow markers at the entrance to the Cove which means you enter and exit out the front which is steep and rocky. I would find a local that will take you I heard there is now a guide in Santa Rosa? that you can hire.

IMG_0073.JPG IMG_0072.JPG

The two pictures are of Gerstle Cove taken one week apart one was a good dive day and one was a good lunch day!

Back
Top Bottom