US Airways Crashes into Hudson River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazyduck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It seems that US Airways lost a small jet in Hudson River river.
New Dive Site...
Regards, Andrew

Link:
US Airways jet down in NY river, passengers rescued | Reuters

From Reuters-
By Edith Honan and Claudia Parsons
NEW YORK (Reuters) - A US Airways jet with about 150 people on board came down into the frigid Hudson River off Manhattan after apparently hitting a flock of geese on Thursday and officials said everyone was rescued.
Rescued passengers said they believed everyone had survived the crash, which left the Airbus A320 intact and floating in the river.

Attachments

• US Airways.jpg
    US Airways.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 53
Amazing, just amazing, that it didn't fall apart on impact. Those Europeans really know how to build a plane. Who's got the coordinates, depth, and environmentally sealed suits to pull this one off?

I WANT that pilot on my upcoming flights! So glad that no one died in the crash and that so many escaped fairly unscathed.

As for the "rats of the sea" or whatever birds got in the way...

That Pilot saved 155 lives today.. all I can say is WOW. that man should be on everyone's christmas list every year for LIFE.

anyone know if it's going to sink or be taken out of the bay? not sure how deep the river is.

At that point the Hudson is 54', never been there but that is what they said on the news. That plane will be moved to a hanger for years of investigation, you can not let a priceless tool for engineering analysis waste away in the water.

This crash is the text book example of how to handle an emergency and will be used for training longer than any of us are alive. Every commercial pilot in the world will listen to the cockpit recordings. From top to bottom it could not have been done better.

What really impressed me was that the pilot walked the plane twice to make sure that everyone was off. The man has major stones between his legs! I am sure that the Air Force Academy is very proud of their cadet right now. You will see him at the next State of the Union Address.

I just heard from my little sister that she had a friend who was on board that plane.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom