us diver Scan 4 Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also have a Scan 4, do you have the manual for it? If so can you copy it for me or scan it? I think its a great and easy to use air dive computer. I would just like to know more about it also!!! I have been using it now for about a year.

fdlla:
Hi I have a brand new US Divers Scan4 computer that I got from US divers back in 95 as an upgrade of my old computer.
I had since stopped diving and it has been sitting around in its box never used.

My question is that since I will start diving again ( soon I hope ), should I try to sell it on ebay ( how much can I get for it? ) or I should just put in a new battery and use it myself.

So far I have no luck looking up any review on this computer online and I have no idea if this is a good computer by today's standard.

Recommendations from anyone who knows about this computer is much appreciated.

Derek.

I had a SCAN 4 awsome comp! user friendly? Oh yeah, I only wish it was water activated, but no big deal I guess.

I would use it, as Im not sure many folks would pay enough to make selling it worth it.

I've used one for more than 10 years - it operates by calculating the 12 tissue group modified Haldenian method (great, but a tad conservative), has full air integration and is very reliable. I especially like the bar graphs along with the digital numeral readouts

It does not have a temperature display, a backlight for night diving, nor a download capability to put your dive log into your PC, but you can change the batteries yourself.
Buy a spare Duracell "J" cell and dive with it.
It is a very good computer.

Thanks for the help, I did get a manual for the computer I called and spoke to the representative from Aqualung and they then put it online for anyone to download!!!

Hi I have a brand new US Divers Scan4 computer that I got from US divers back in 95 as an upgrade of my old computer.
I had since stopped diving and it has been sitting around in its box never used.

My question is that since I will start diving again ( soon I hope ), should I try to sell it on ebay ( how much can I get for it? ) or I should just put in a new battery and use it myself.

So far I have no luck looking up any review on this computer online and I have no idea if this is a good computer by today's standard.

Also, does anyone have a manual for the usdiver scan4 computer? Or know where I can get one?

Recommendations from anyone who knows about this computer is much appreciated.

Derek.
I’m interested in the scan4

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom