US Divers/Aqualung Jet Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigRed96

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just wanted to share my new to me Jet Air. I picked it up off eBay and probably paid too much. I tore it down, cleaned it in my ultrasonic cleaner, and rebuilt with an array of new parts both from VDH and the Scuba Museum. This reg puts me up to 3 double hose regs, two of which I plan on diving.
6A74D72A-9EC4-49E5-823F-582427412134.jpeg

Cool! I hope you enjoy the new/old toy. I finished a DAAM rebuild a couple months ago but between hurricanes, lockdowns, and long hitches at work, I haven't had time to dive it yet.

Looking forward to a report on your first dives.

I paid too much for a unit 350 paces from the water at low tide, ocean water.
If I had not paid too much for my unit I would be walking further to the water.

Well, asking price isn't really too much

Addictive aren't they? :)
Nice looking Jetair. I know they are not correct for the reg but if you find the straight mouthpieces a little uncomfortable (I find them too big) the repro Voit hourglass mouthpieces that the Scuba Museum sells are much more comfortable IMO. I use them on any DH reg I dive but don't need/want to keep looking original. .

Jetairs, Mistrals and other single stage regs are sensitive to tank pressure. They will work OK at 3000 psi but it's common for them to have a high pitch whine on every breath until the tanks get into the 1500-2000 range. Cracking pressure gets better as tank pressure gets lower.

Cool! I hope you enjoy the new/old toy. I finished a DAAM rebuild a couple months ago but between hurricanes, lockdowns, and long hitches at work, I haven't had time to dive it yet.

Looking forward to a report on your first dives.
I rebuilt a DAAM as well! I haven’t been able to dive mine yet either. Hope you enjoy yours!

Addictive aren't they? :)
Nice looking Jetair. I know they are not correct for the reg but if you find the straight mouthpieces a little uncomfortable (I find them too big) the repro Voit hourglass mouthpieces that the Scuba Museum sells are much more comfortable IMO. I use them on any DH reg I dive but don't need/want to keep looking original. .

Jetairs, Mistrals and other single stage regs are sensitive to tank pressure. They will work OK at 3000 psi but it's common for them to have a high pitch whine on every breath until the tanks get into the 1500-2000 range. Cracking pressure gets better as tank pressure gets lower.
Hey Herman, they are addicting indeed. I had read that about the single stages being sensitive to tank pressure. I don’t know how much diving this one will see, as I have a DAAM with all the goodies ready to go as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom