us divers conshelf se2,anyone know

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info. I've had a se2 for my whole diving career of approx 10 years, using it about 5 dives a year, to depths upt to 100 feet with no problems. I was considering looking for another reg as I'm looking forward to making a few more advanced dives this year, but I'll save the dough.

robo:
Does anyone know where to get a repair manual for the conshelf se-2, or have an exploded view diagram? Thanks!

You shouldn't need one. There are so few parts. It is the easiest reg to service.

robo:
Does anyone know where to get a repair manual for the conshelf se-2, or have an exploded view diagram? Thanks!

Manuals for the Conshelf XIV are available on eBay. One might help you.

More of a general conshelf question - how can I tell what model I have?

It's a metal 2nd stage on the purge buttom it says Aqua Lung Conshelf Supreme on the back just udner the mouth piece it's got the folllowing numbers stamped into it - 85 02183

As for the first stage it's just got numbers stamped into the between a lp port and the hp port - 48 12487. It too has an aqualung conshelf supreme sticker on the knob.

I just picked'em up last fall for a few nickles.....

Thanks!

I'm glad I thought to do a search under "conshelf" instead of "se2" (which for some reason kept returning "0 matches found") and found this thread. I'm feeling really really happy right now...just won an SE2 first stage on eBay for $41 plus s/h. I get the feeling I made a good choice to bid on it. :)

cheers

Billy S.

Moogyboy:
I'm glad I thought to do a search under "conshelf" instead of "se2" (which for some reason kept returning "0 matches found") and found this thread. I'm feeling really really happy right now...just won an SE2 first stage on eBay for $41 plus s/h. I get the feeling I made a good choice to bid on it. :)

cheers

Billy S.

I bought mine new in 1989 and it's the only one I've ever needed. Still works like new, with regular servicing. I've been down to 150 feet on air with no problems. It did blow a high pressure seat and free flowed one time, believe it or not in the deep end of the dive shop pool, when I was working an OW class. But I was spending a lot of time in the pool then and it's likely that once a year servicing may not have been enough for those harsh conditions. After that I started using shop regs for pool work.

First Post to Board.
Just recently got own equipment, no longer renting, great feeling!!
Inherited SE2 1st and 2nd and (21,22,SE2 ?) octo from father in law.
Looking for what really distinguishes one conshelf model from another.
Is there a concise listing where all are compared and contrasted?
All comments I read on Board are very favorable, so how can you tell, is there a real difference?

Is the difference along the lines of GM cars Caddilac, Pontiac, or Chevy? or
Is the difference model year cosmetics/bells & whistles changes?

conshelf newbie and fan!

CJRedd

cjredd:
First Post to Board.
Just recently got own equipment, no longer renting, great feeling!!
Inherited SE2 1st and 2nd and (21,22,SE2 ?) octo from father in law.
Looking for what really distinguishes one conshelf model from another.
Is there a concise listing where all are compared and contrasted?
All comments I read on Board are very favorable, so how can you tell, is there a real difference?

Is the difference along the lines of GM cars Caddilac, Pontiac, or Chevy? or
Is the difference model year cosmetics/bells & whistles changes?

conshelf newbie and fan!

CJRedd

The first stages are almost identical, with varying numbers of hp and lp ports. The 2nds are also alike. They all use the same rebuild kits, and I hear that they all breathe similarly.

I know this thread has not been updated in quite a while but I just happened across it and would like to offer the following:

The Conshelf Supreme is an "all environment" version of the Conshelf XIV that has a rubber cap covering the end of the first stage and is filled with liquid silicone. The protects the first stage from everything from ice to really dirty water. If you have a Conshelf Supreme you need to keep an eye on the silicone cap as (over time) the silicone eventually needs refilling.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Back
Top Bottom