US Divers Pioneer Aquarius modernized, any info?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vq-1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone have any info (model year, specs) on the modernized US Divers Pioneer or Aquarius regulators? I believe these circa 2001-2006. Thanks

Attachments

• F8365320-0531-4F36-B247-25A691039883.jpeg
    F8365320-0531-4F36-B247-25A691039883.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 46546912-08BE-47E9-96C9-6FF2291FE96F.jpeg
    46546912-08BE-47E9-96C9-6FF2291FE96F.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 179
Thanks for the reply but looking for info on the modern updates of the Pioneer and Aquarius, I believe these were made between 2001-2006.

Thanks for the reply but looking for info on the modern updates of the Pioneer and Aquarius, I believe these were made between 2001-2006.

Quite right. Rather than taking the proper time to read you question I skimmed it and let the USD logo throw me a curve. I can't find any history, but I'll attach a file you may find helpful. Start on page 2-10 @Rusty Shackleford The service parts look pretty standard.

Attachments

• Aqua Lung Spare Parts Catalog 2001.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 233
It looks like the second is a simple unbalanced downstream demand regulator. I am sure the parts are similar to most USD of that type. I wonder if the LP puck from a R-190/108 is the same size?

The first looks like their version of the MK-2 although I haven’t cracked the cover.

First, I sincerely doubt that Aqualung was selling any newly produced regulators that were solely branded US Divers by 2001, with the possible exception of the Conshelf for military customers. I don't have service manuals for the 2nd stages, but I do for the 1st stages, and the Aquarius was last updated in 1999 and the Pioneer was last updated in 1997. Pretty sure your items were produced prior to 2000, perhaps by several years.

The old parts catalog that @couv provided lists a service kit #900005 that is no longer available from Aqualung. I did look over the service kit parts from that document for the non-EAN version, and the only one that is not still available either in another kit or ala carte is the exhaust valve. Aqualung no longer supplies/replaces any exhaust valves in service kits after changing from rubber to silicone, so I assume that old part number listed was a rubber item. No idea what silicone exhaust might replace it, as that was the only item using that rubber part in that 2001 list. (If another old item used the same rubber part and I knew what the newer silicone part was for that item, I would make the leap to assume your items would use the same replacement.)

First, I sincerely doubt that Aqualung was selling any newly produced regulators that were solely branded US Divers by 2001, with the possible exception of the Conshelf for military customers. I don't have service manuals for the 2nd stages, but I do for the 1st stages, and the Aquarius was last updated in 1999 and the Pioneer was last updated in 1997. Pretty sure your items were produced prior to 2000, perhaps by several years.

The old parts catalog that @couv provided lists a service kit #900005 that is no longer available from Aqualung. I did look over the service kit parts from that document for the non-EAN version, and the only one that is not still available either in another kit or ala carte is the exhaust valve. Aqualung no longer supplies/replaces any exhaust valves in service kits after changing from rubber to silicone, so I assume that old part number listed was a rubber item. No idea what silicone exhaust might replace it, as that was the only item using that rubber part in that 2001 list. (If another old item used the same rubber part and I knew what the newer silicone part was for that item, I would make the leap to assume your items would use the same replacement.)
Updating my own post - current kit #900013 covers both of these 2nd stages, with the already mentioned exception of the exhaust valve. I spent way too long matching a list of parts to the partially obscured Parts Reference card in the sealed kit before I thought to read the front side, where it includes Aquarius and Pioneer in the list of covered 2nds. Duhh….

Back
Top Bottom