US Divers Wraparound mask purge valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2Bobbyo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My very old US Divers Wraparound mask has a leaking purge valve. I either need a new purge valve or some type of plug to take the place of the purge valve to eliminate it. The purge valve is 5/8" in diameter. I bought a new mask to replace this old one but I really like the old one better. Does anyone know where I can get a new purge valve from or what to use to plug the opening where the plug valve is located? Thanks!

[QUOTE="2Bobbyo, post: 9135521, member: 510777"]My very old US Divers Wraparound mask has a leaking purge valve. I either need a new purge valve or some type of plug to take the place of the purge valve to eliminate it. The purge valve is 5/8" in diameter. I bought a new mask to replace this old one but I really like the old one better. Does anyone know where I can get a new purge valve from or what to use to plug the opening where the plug valve is located? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Edit: I thought I had a very old USD wrap around mask, but I don't it's Scubapro.

Well, my purge valve looks ok but my mask has flooded twice. It's not gonna mess up another dive. That was why I was hunting for a new one or a plastic type plug to take the place of it.

Well, my purge valve looks ok but my mask has flooded twice. It's not gonna mess up another dive. That was why I was hunting for a new one or a plastic type plug to take the place of it.

Oh I thought I read in the OP that your purge valve is leaking, sorry.
I didn't intend to mislead you but, the mask I have is a Scubapro that was in a USD box. I never cut the seal on the purge on USD mask I had in 1969-70, I guess I tossed it long ago but kept the box and haven't tossed it yet.

I think you could seal the valve with some Aquaseal and not use it. It is a large volume mask however and the purge isn't a bad thing to have on it. Clearing that in one breath is no small feat!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom