US Navy Manual, Rev 7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Akimbo, thanks for the alert.
All should note the Executive Summary as well as the Manual itself; the summary includes what material has changed from the previous (Rev 6) Version. For example, all the SCUBA stuff is consolidated, there are some cool checklists, and emergecy procedures have been modified, coalesced.

... For example, all the SCUBA stuff is consolidated, there are some cool checklists, and emergecy procedures have been modified, coalesced.

My favorite is "D. Replacing rule-based decision-making with analytical decision-making, where possible, returns operational risk decisions to the Fleet."

That is an approach that I hope that recreational diving moves towards. I have met too many divers that don’t understand what is behind the rule.

Thanks for the link, What a change to a lot of it from the 1 inch thick Air and Gas manual I was issued back in 1965 when I went to Navy DV school at the Washington Navy Yard.

Yeah, now it fits on a USB drive smaller than my thumb nail. :wink: Seriously, it is a LOT bigger now but is thankfully much more readable.

Thank you Akimbo

Divers please open and read attached file:
U.S. Navy Dive Computer
Page 550 - 560

Cochran is the exclusive provider to the U.S. Navy and its dive computers are "Authorization for Navy Use (ANU) Program" and its dive computers are being used by other international Navies and have NATO part numbers. :flagwaving:

Attachments

• U.S. NDC.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 705
Thank you. Its a great read.

Thank you Akimbo

Divers please open and read attached file:
U.S. Navy Dive Computer
Page 550 - 560

Cochran is the exclusive provider to the U.S. Navy and its dive computers are "Authorization for Navy Use (ANU) Program" and its dive computers are being used by other international Navies and have NATO part numbers. :flagwaving:
I am a Navy Diver retired in 1980. Wish I knew about your computers before now. I would love to try one but at 73 I don't dive deeper than 90 ft and use 32% Nitrox on air tables. I have a datamax and when it quits I will just wing it with a pressure gauge. I have never since limiting to 90 feet came close to a deco stop. Looks like a great product and a good price. I did a lot of evaluating new diveing products when stationed in Panama City Fl. Back in 67-69 to bad the Cochran was not around then.

Thanks for the link, What a change to a lot of it from the 1 inch thick Air and Gas manual I was issued back in 1965 when I went to Navy DV school at the Washington Navy Yard.

I thought, I'm going to print this out... It will be easier on the eyes compared to a computer screen. 992 pages... :shocked:Um, nope. Will be reading from the PDF. lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom