USD Conshelf VI worth anything?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have one identical to yours that was given to me along with a bunch of other stuff all piled into a box.
I serviced it and dove it a couple times old school, no bcd, no octo, steel 72 on a back pack, Worked great!
If someone still dives that way now then I'd say yeah they certainly could use it. It worked then and it will work now just the same. It was and still is a solid reg.
However, not too many people would use something like that now in modern diving. A lot of people buy those and similar old regs cheap (or get them for free) to turn into tire filling regs or to run other air tools off scuba tank air.
Like was already mentioned, the thin yolk and the lack of lp ports is the limiting factor.

I believe some of the earlier Aqualung 2nd stages used a smaller exhaust diaphragm. I ran into that when I had to replace one on the early metal seconds like the one in the picture. The exhaust tees that screwed on have a smaller space for the diaphragm than the newer pressure fit ones.

Back
Top Bottom