Useful Online Photoshop Tutorials

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

id just like to say thank you all for the links, i have had photo shop for some time and just flat dont know how to use it, the links all of you have posted may be the help i have been looking for, great topic and thanks again! :wink: jim

This thread and subforum have been silent for a while so I thought I would post some links to Photoshop tip sites that I find particularly interesting.

Russell Brown is a respected Photoshop author and shares some of his secrets at
THIS LINK TO HIS WEBSITE

If you are interested in “killer tips” check out Mat Kloskowski’s tutorials at THE KILLER TIPS WEBSITE.

I think this is a teaser site for the National Association of Photoshop Professionals. The NAPP has tons of written and video tutorials that are really quite good, but you have to buy a membership to get at them. If you own full version Photoshop and love this software, the membership is worth it and comes with a really cool Photoshop User Magazine subscription as well as some great help forums.

My favorite Photoshop guru remains Ben Willmore. I like Ben so much I am plunking down another $50 to buy his new and improved Photoshop CS2 Studio techniques book. IMO this is the best book to learn full version Photoshop from. Couple it with a good reference like Deke McCelland’s Photoshop CS2 Bible and you have a core library. At any rate, Ben has his own library of Photoshop “how to do it” ideas at BEN'S DIGITAL MASTERY WEBSITE.

Hope this helps. Good diving!

—Bob

Ok, I haven't tried every link in the thread yet, however all three in the OP are bad.

Mod (sjspeck) edit:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

They worked 4 years ago...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the best backscatter tutorial to use? Really need to learn how to remove backscatter by either using Elements 5 or Picasa2.

tripntx: I do not use either of those programs. Heavy backscatter removal requires access to layer masks and good noise reduction or blur filters. Elements 5 should have a feature called the "spot healing brush" which is great to zap minor backscatter, especially on otherwise well exposed macro shots.

If you wanted to post an example of what you are working on, I am sure a number of our friends here could give some suggestions. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any tutorials.

---Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom