User changeable o-rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David Novo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am starting to put together my save-a-dive kit and I have some doubts regarding o-rings.

Which are user replaceable, not from an overhaul revision perspective but from "I have a leak and im on a liveaboard" one?

The one of the connection between first stage and tank and the ones of the connections between the hoses and the first stage? Does any of these require silicone?

Furthermore does anyone know which is the size of the o-rings for Apeks first stage din connection and apeks hose/first stage connection?

Thanks.

My regulator is the same whether I dive air or nitrox up to 40%, so I still don't know which ones are appropriate for the connections I mentioned, nor if I should change those myself, nor if there are any other I should be able to change with minimal knowledge/skill. :(

My regulator is the same whether I dive air or nitrox up to 40%, so I still don't know which ones are appropriate for the connections I mentioned, nor if I should change those myself, nor if there are any other I should be able to change with minimal knowledge/skill. :(
Viton works with nitrox or not.

The link posted has a list of what sizes you need for the different connection points.

Hose/port plugs a very thin film of grease is enough. DIN fitting no grease. Port plugs easy to change, lp hose second stage end can be a bit trickier but not too hard.

7B4A2660-3AA5-4736-AEC7-A799C222DEEB.jpeg

Viton works with nitrox or not.

The link posted has a list of what sizes you need for the different connection points.

This leads me to the question of which are the connection points that I described above...

My knowledge on this topic is limited to being able to screw and unscrew the hoses and notice that there are o-rings there :D

The first question is critical to the second: which are user replaceable?

Hose/port plugs a very think film of grease is enough. DIN fitting no grease. Port plugs easy to change, lp hose second stage can be a bit trickier but not too hard.

View attachment 570696

For LP hose connection to first stage is number 10 or 11? (I am assuming for the HP is always 12). I just installed the inflation hose included with my wing but added no grease. Should I? Does it have to be a specific one or can I add the same I do for camera housing and dive light o-rings?

For LP hose connection to first stage is number 10 or 11? (I am assuming for the HP is always 12). I just installed the inflation hose included with my wing but added no grease. Should I? Does it have to be a specific one or can I add the same I do for camera housing and dive light o-rings?

Apeks use -011 for lp port size, some brands do use a -010. Yes, hp port is 12. It won't hurt if you didn't but I always do.

The OP might want to get some knowledge from some formal training (or at lest some quality reading), so important things he doesn't know enough to ask about get covered. For example, which durometer o-rings are recommended for which locations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom