USIA sizing questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rye_a

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been very close to getting a Pinnacle Evolution 2, but I have the opportunity to get an Aqua Pro Plus for a great deal. The problem is, I don't have a USIA dealer within 100 miles of me for sizing.

The suit that I can get is an XL which seems about right considering that I am 6'4" (the upper range for the XL) and 205# with an athletic build. I plan on using the suit in Colorado high mountain lakes so lots of insulation will be in order.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the sizing? Do USIA suits tend to run snug or have extra volume? Finally, it the suit is too short can USIA install new, longer neoprene booties (and at what cost)?

Thanks!

I don't know where at in Colorado you are but we have a dealer here in Fort Collins, Alpine Scuba and the regional Rep. ( I believe that is his title) lives in Fort Collins as well. I just got a new Techniflex but haven't gotten it wet yet.

Has the USIA suit already been made? If not, forget the size chart and fill out the entire sizing form from the USIA website. Your dealer can send the numbers to USIA and they will tell you how many changes need to be made from stock for a custom suit. The cost will be minimal (mine was $50 extra I think, but it varies based on the number of changes).

USIA is the best deal out there by far for custom suits. The only downside is the wait.

I also didn't have a dealer near me, but someone else from SB passed me the name of someone who really knew the products and did a great job. I don't remember the name of the shop right now, but PM me if you want to know and I'll look it up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom