Using existing regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I prefer swivels, but after borrowing some non-swivels for a stage tank.. it's still very doable.
I have my 2nd stage hose pointing down towards the bottom of the tank, then either around my neck or just tuck the whole thing in if its just a stage. For long hose, same thing, just loop it down and back up. The swivel won't really do much in this case since part of the hose will always be pointing straight down into the tank bands.

I personally use 6" SPG hoses, so those I have pointing up so they are out in front of me. Again, a swivel wont keep you from doing this and it works just fine. If you use a longer SPG hose, such as for a stage, and want to tuck it in a tank band at all times... simply have the SPG hose also point straight down (if you have ports next to each other hopefully).

I have more options for moving my houses out of the way with swivels, but it's not absolutely necessary for function.

Back
Top Bottom