Using large lift bags??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you got to tow it, then there are only two words - Pillow Bag.

If you have a big object and only ballon bags and are off shore, then you need a friend who runs something like a large trawler to lift it out of the water onto the deck.

It's fun, and a bit beneficial to actually think this stuff through.

My thought on the Toilet lift would be just to move it somewhere else in the lake.. I certainly don't need a toilet that has been sitting at the bottom of a lake for a decade! :D

Towing it however could be a bit of a challenge. It sits in 15'~10' of water.

This is not an open bottom bag for whomever asked.

It's fun, and a bit beneficial to actually think this stuff through.

My thought on the Toilet lift would be just to move it somewhere else in the lake.. I certainly don't need a toilet that has been sitting at the bottom of a lake for a decade! :D

Towing it however could be a bit of a challenge. It sits in 15'~10' of water.

This is not an open bottom bag for whomever asked.

Sounds like it needs to be a full scale dive operation to me. Two divers in the water to do a staged lift with multiple bags. A safety diver standing by. Topside, a barge with a crane to secure the toilet after you lift it. Probably best to have EMS and a licensed plumber standing by on shore just in case either you or the toilet needs medical attention.

What could go wrong?

Yep. It had a port-a-head......to starboard....

Yeah. Well. Ok then. I guess that's alright.

The reality is that in our waters here, finding lost items is really the problem. I just had a friend that spent hours in search of a sail.... never found it, and likely never will. Be he got paid, and had the enjoyment of diving in 2' vis!

I don't think there was 2 feet of vis very often. I used a very strong canister light and still kept hitting my hand on the bottom because I could not tell the difference between the bottom and the water.

I also tried it twice. The second time I tried a complex reel search that was screwed because they had put old Christmas trees in the bottom that snagged the line.

Diving in CO is rather boring... This may add a bit of excitement! There is a toilet in Aurora Res that we may lift up, and relocate.. assuming I can find it again. Lifting toilets... what a life! :D

I will be at Aurora this weekend if you are looking to play with that bag. Then you can get the big bags and work on the Cessna.

Back
Top Bottom