Using Lighting Gel Sheets for Underwater Red Correction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver0008

New
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone tried using gel sheets typically used for stage lighting (by companies like Lee and Rosco) for underwater videography?

I am considering attempting an economical DIY solution by cutting and placing a piece within the case in front of the lens.

It should work, but I wonder if anyone has tried this, and if so which gel sheet number(s) worked well.

Thanks!

yea i did. lee filters get scratched up real quick and will peel off the color. then youd end up with holes in ur videos where its blue. imma try using rosco since these have their colours " cooked in" to them as opposed to lee which looks like its a layer on top. do note that it takes about 2 stops when u use these. so adjust exposure accordingly. see my samples here:

In the early days of GoPro, I used a piece of red gel sheeting as a filter. I placed it inside the housing and it worked pretty good. Someone gave me a piece of the sheet so I don't have an idea as to what number you would get. I will tell you that it was only temporary and while the photos looked good, the later ones taken with a newer GoPro and glass filter looked better.

Hi,

Has anyone tried using gel sheets typically used for stage lighting (by companies like Lee and Rosco) for underwater videography?

I am considering attempting an economical DIY solution by cutting and placing a piece within the case in front of the lens.

It should work, but I wonder if anyone has tried this, and if so which gel sheet number(s) worked well.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom