USS Wilkes-Barre

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The guys I am taking think the Kendrick is too deep----How deep is it??

I trashed my LORAN a few years back & only use GPS

The other two wrecks I am not familiar with....I'd loe to know more & will check your website for those.

The Kendrick is just over 320fsw to the sand. Aft of the bow, it has a very low profile, though the bridge and mast rises up to about 270fsw or so. It sits inline with the current and can be a be-yatch to dive when its screaming.
The Berry is in 350fsw and the Saufley is in 420fsw. Both are destroyers. We have been trying to switch over to GPS, working off Billy Deans' old LORAN numbers. It took us two trips and several hours to finally nail the Kendrick and get a good GPS fix.
Have fun next week - hope the weather cooperates.
Cheers,
Mike

Those are a bit deep for me...what kind of run times are you doing on those wrecks?

Probably looking at 20-22 minutes on the Berry and 15-18 minutes on the Kendrick. We try and keep the runtimes under 100 minutes (usually around 90), and these bottom times would keep you just under that cap.

Cheers,
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom