Utah diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chadwick

New
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on some of the diving hotspots in Utah. I am going to be in Park City (east of Salt Lake City) for 6 weeks and by looking at Utah Diving , there seems to be some good diving around. Anyone know where I can find a buddy?
Thanks in advance,
-Chad

My regular dive buddy wants to dive Lake Powell. I'm game but it sounds to me a house boat is needed or recommended to find the best spots. Thanks for the Dive Utah link, that was great.

Does anyone know if house boats are available to rent, and approx cost.

Sounds like an interesting dive.

Bonneville Seabase and Homestead Crater should be done once for the "been there, done that" factor if nothing else. They are both unique sites, whether you want to dive them a second time is up to you. Homestead was EXTREMELY warm, I was wearing a skin and was starting to overheat. It's kinda boring but I wish we had one here in Ohio for winter check-out dives, definitely a nice site for a training dive.

Bonneville was fun because you can take Romaine lettuce with you and feed the fish. Diving an inland salt water environment complete with tropical fish was just ultra-cool! I would definitely go back there again!

We dove Lake Powell too. We had our 19 foot open bow ski boat to camp on instead of a house boat. It's definitely roughing it but if you can't afford a house boat you can sleep on a smaller boat as long as it doesn't rain! We beached the boat at the end of a canyon and went exploring underwater. The visibility was bad at that spot and the canyon wasn't very wide but we still had a 40 foot dive. My non-diving sister was with us and she won't let us bring diving gear when we go boating anymore, I don't think she liked having to carry the stuff around :mean:
Ber :bunny:

Back
Top Bottom