UTD branded fins. Any first hand knowledge out there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Based on the images on the site link they are identical to the new model of Hog tech fins? Given the tie-up with Hog regs I expect they are the same fins. Both the Hog and UTD fins also look very similar to the Scubapro Revo Jetfins which are available here in Asia.

Hog Fins.jpg

The reason I mention they appear the same is that I've tried the Hog fins recently and quite liked them. I found they are much lighter than the Scubapro jet fins and a little softer, the pockets are bigger than for jet fins and allow for thicker soles than a standard jet fin pocket.

I still prefer the original jetfins for salt water diving but actually found the Hog fins more comfortable in freshwater, certainly when using a wetsuit as the lower weight was better for achieving comfortable trim. I've not tried them in fresh water with a drysuit but I think I'd prefer the jet fins as I'd go for the power and familiarity over the lower weight.

In short they are a nice fin, certainly something to consider if you are looking for a lighter alternative to the traditional jetfins or something with a higher sized pocket without too much extra width.

Karl

Any updated feedback on these UTD fins? Looks like a much better foot pocket than Jets.

I would just search for HOG fin reviews, my guess is you'd find a lot more information that way since they're basically the same fin. As a plus, they're quite a bit cheaper as well.

ditto, hog and Poseidon get their fins from the same guys. They're not bad, I have a set of the hogs. Not quite as much thrust as the OMS slipstreams which I would wait for them to be re-released.

I have several of the UTD fins. They're light and flexible with very good thrust and make all kick styles easy. They aren't as firm as my slipstreams but about the same weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had the UTD Precision Neutral fins for almost a year and they're awesome! They are the same size and shape as my Jetfins, but each is a 1/2 lb lighter and the foot pocket is deeper. They are lighter because I have the neutral ones which can be better for some people for wetsuit and/or single tank diving or if you need less weight on the feet or for leg fatigue. The regular UTD Precision fins are the same as the Jetfins but with a deeper foot pocket.

I found these fins to be exactly what I was looking for and absolutely love them. All kicks are easy with them, including the back kick, and I never get leg fatigue and they trim out well. The handle on the spring strap is super easy even with thick gloves.

I had them. The fins are fine but the spring straps stretched after only a bit of use. I am not rough with my gear either.
I am using Scubapro Jetfins now as it provides more thrust and gives me better balance in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom