UTD E-Primary lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

in too deep

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Any thoughts of their 35 and 50, using internal or external battery.
They look very low profile with great output.

I have had one for years.......very bright in a small package.......it makes other lights/heads feel like a brick on your hand. They are at the higher end for price but a solid and dependable build. Similar in brightness to the Halcyon flare but 1/3 the price.

glorified backup lights. Nothing wrong with that, but you are not getting what you pay for.

The 35 is comparable to all of the lights with a Cree XML in it and a 26650. Quoting almost 4 hours of burn time means it's actually only pulling about 5w on average, so it's a backup light that gets about 500 lumen.
This also has a Cree XML, only uses an 18650, but if you buy them in pairs, you can get 8 of them and a good multi slot charger for the price of the 35. Don't buy the 35, really stupid purchase IMO
Cave Adventurers - Cave Adventurers Expedition Back-Up Light - Marianna, Florida USA - Never Undersold!

The 50, has 3 of the emitters in it and puts out 2.5x the light, but that's still only about 13w for comparison. It's also a 12* beam so it's going to be quite spread, especially for any real technical diving. It's fine for recreational night diving, but UWLD has gotten **** for years about how their beam angle isn't tight enough. Their beam angle is 8* instead of 6 that everyone wanted, same as the 35, but much narrower than 12.

If you want a handheld primary, get this. It's much brighter than the UTD's, it uses 18650's instead of 26650's which are easier to find and get good ones, has multiple outputs, etc. It only has a single emitter, but it pulls 20w over the burn time.
Dive Rite LX20 LED Handheld Primary Light (New) | Dive Gear Express®

From first hand experience. The 35 is considerably brighter than a 500 lumen, in fact better than several of my 1000 lumen lights. That said, I just picked up an Archon corded that puts it to shame with 3000 lumens (claimed) for $300

From first hand experience. The 35 is considerably brighter than a 500 lumen, in fact better than several of my 1000 lumen lights. That said, I just picked up an Archon corded that puts it to shame with 3000 lumens (claimed) for $300

claimed lumens are very different though. Most that claim 1k lumens are only throwing 400-500, and most of them also have wider beam angles

Back
Top Bottom