UV or Blue Light for Fluoro Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishstix

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm planning to do some fluoro diving and am shopping around for lights/filters to shoot video. The ultraviolet lights seem appealing because they don't require yellow filters on mask and camera, but are they bright enough to get good video?

If anyone can recommend a brand of UV light that they've shot underwater fluorescence with, please let me know.

Many Thanks!

I have a Kowalski blue light, have had it since 2014 so newer lights may be better. The video is ok (a little blurry but a good representation of the dive). Photos were not great, as you say, not enough light and ANY white light at all floods out the blue.

I'd imagine it would be more about setting up the video camera to pick up what light is available. We used a TG1 so as I said, a bit dated and technology has probably moved on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom