UW camera settings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Re: "O" rings in the Sony housing(s) there is one "O" ring, which is removable, maintainable, replacable and fallible. There is a black rubber ring which is a compression seal. This provides a springy rebound to tension the latch. It probably provides some secondary sealing, but the "O" ring is the primary.

Re: MPEG video. With a 256-512 Mb memory stick it works well the P-10. You really hear your regulator working when holding it close to your face for framing a shot. The wide angle lens is more forgiving this way.

A small plastic magnifying glass can help puzzle out the LCD for those who have become emmetropic (needing reading glasses) don't laugh it will happen to you too.

Finally, before giving up on a too blue/green shot, try viewing it in greyscale. This can save an otherwise lost picture.

ahh I see, I'm still waiting for it to come so I can check it out. With the video I'll be picking up a apacer cd burner so I can reuse my memory card.

This past Thursday I took my P-73 and MPK-PEA housing down to about 70 feet, had something I wanted to shoot, attempted to power on and ..... no power on. looked a little closer and saw water (sea) in the case!

I thought that possibly I didn't clean and lube the o-ring properly, which I usually do, so I decided to attempt a test. I cleaned the o-ring again, lubed it, and carried it down on my next dive with a 1 lb. soft weight. It leaked again.

I am sure it is leaking around the lens gasketing.

This housing is over a year old and has probably seen 40-50 dives, but I have always properly cared for it.

I recall the warranty stated that the housing would be covered during the warranty period but not the camera, so beware!

I suggest that anyone taking camera equipment diving should get the equipment protection rider on your diving insurance. I did not, so I am out a housing and a camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom