Uw Hid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paolov,

Check out this page. I had it saved to my favorites at work and just ran across it tonight. It might be exactly what you're looking for.

HID Ballast Circuits

The dimensions 92Longx46Widex32Deep are mm for the ballast.
You can order the lamps (flood or spot), and the ballast separately for $59.95 each.
The ballast must be connected within 18 inches of the lamp.

regards

Mike D

The link in your post is to the MR11 lamp, for $50, and although it shows the ballast they are extra. Been there tried that.
The price I got of $59 is for an MR16, 24 watt HID LAMP, Welsch Allen want $139 for thier MR16 24 W HID lamp and the Ballast is another $100. The ATV ballast is also $59.

This is about half the price of what Wesch Allen want.

Mike d

thanks for all the posts,

will be checking them out. it's diving peak season again here in our end of the sea :eek:)
night dives are SOOOOOOOOO exciting at 80 ft.

Odd on their website they have a helmet-mounted two light set that sells for $229 which would seem to be a much better deal than buying just the parts - get a spare bulb and ballast for an extra $60!

There are cheap HID bulbs and ballasts arriving from China now, so we should be seeing a lot of activity in HID now, and much cheaper prices. The China company makes a 10w which appears to be pretty much a copy of the W-A 10, a 21 watt that appears to be a copy of the discontinued bipin-style 21w that OMS was using, and a variety of different 35w configurations using the basic auto lamp.

mddolson:
I recieved the following info back by email:
When you purchase an MR16 HID Light (price $159.95) a ballast is included,
because every light requires its own ballast. You can purchase the parts
directly from us... HID-M-L pricing at $159.95 each light and ballast combo.
[/QUOTE]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom