UW photo editing - removing bubbles from face

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBrett22

Lionfish Slayer
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a kinda silly question...... I would like to know is there a way to remove bubbles from a picture of me in Photoshop CS3 because it a great picture but there are bubbles in my face lol please help :confused::confused:

I have a kinda silly question...... I would like to know is there a way to remove bubbles from a picture of me in Photoshop CS3 because it a great picture but there are bubbles in my face lol please help :shakehead::confused::confused::shakehead:

I would start with the 'clone stamp' tool and try to clone out the bubbles using the appropriate areas near the bubbles as the clone source.

true does anyone else have any other tricks? =)

Or rather try the healing brush tool - one click solution. Why not post the pic so we can see where the bubbles are ?

Healing brush, clone tool and layers. Depending on how many bubbles it might be a royal pain the neck.

You might contact these guys to see if it is something they could offer - I've had friends use them and say their work is fast and fabulous and you cannot beat the price.

There is a far more effective method than the clone and healing brush tools. It works for bubbles as well as backscatter...

1. Make a duplicate layer of your image.

2. Open 'Filters', then 'Noise - Dust and Scratches'.

3. Apply a 'Dust and Scratches' filter that removes all the small bubbles/backscatter. (Yes, this will make your image very blurred).

4. Go to the 'History' palette. Toggle the 'history state' for the filter you just applied.

5. Click on the prior action 'Create Duplicate Layer'. The picture will return to its state prior to the filter.

6. Choose the 'History Brush'. From the tool menu, opt for 'Darken'.

7. Paint over the bubbles/backscatter using the history brush.

What this will do is only remove the small objects that are 'lighter' than the background. It is very effective for removing small bubbles and backscatter.

Youtube training video HERE

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom