Uwatec Aladin Z Nitrox Transmitter Back ordered.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryan Y

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I sent in my Uwatec Aladin Z Nitrox computer that I bought used. It needed the battery replaced. I also sent in the transmitter with it just in case, to have it checked as well. I just got my computer back from it's service/battery replacement. The transmitter was not with it. I was told it was back ordered and was not given an estimated time in which one would be available. I also was not informed as to what, if anything was wrong with the old one.

Anyone else have an experience with Uwatec and the transmitter? They seem to be available at plenty of online dive stores.

I sent my old Z and transmitter in (through the LDS) for battery changes around the first of July. Three weeks or so later they (ScubaPro) advised that the expected ship date was at the end of August.

I still don't have mine. I've dove the computer several times now. I sent it in in June. They simply stated it (transmitter) was backorederd. I have sent an email as well but have had no response.

Was the transmitter working prior. The transmitter itself has a user serviceable battery. No need to send it in unless it was not working to begin with.

Also why would scubapro keep your transmitter? Afterall warranty only applies to the first owner?

My transmitter was dead - Probably the battery but since I have free battery changes for life on it and the receiver, there was no reason not to send them both in (the receiver was at 42%).

I sent it in along with the computer to make sure that it was in working order too after the battery was replaced in the computer. I called their tech department but was still not told what was wrong with mine. They just said that the news are expected in at the end of this month.

I'm thinking I'd like to go ahead and sell the computer, transmitter, memo mouse and stuff all together but stuck since I have no transmitter yet.

what is a memo mouse? in regard to smart z.

I am the original owner of my air Z nitrox...My wrist computer displays 63% battery life, however it did not register tank pressure. I have the lifetime free battery card and the computer has not seen 15 dives yet since purchase. I took the wrist unit and transmitter to the local platinum servicing dealer for service. They contacted factory service and were told the wrist unit battery needed to be below 30% before they would replace the battery. The transmitter apparently is not servicable at the dealer level and was sent for factory service in late June. I called last week and was told not to expect my transmitter until sometime in October because of back order

Was the transmitter working prior. The transmitter itself has a user serviceable battery. No need to send it in unless it was not working to begin with.

Also why would scubapro keep your transmitter? Afterall warranty only applies to the first owner?

This transmitter does not have a user serviceable battery because the transmitter is filled with oil. That's why you get a new transmitter for a discount price, but Scubapro keeps the old one. At least, this is how it works in Europe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom