UWATEC Smart Pro Wrist or Citizen Aqualand NX?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello all!..........Now THATS out of the way.........HELP!
I am sertiuosly considering attending Halls Diving Center for their all-out 3month instructor course. I am new to diving but have snorkled all my life. While I was trying to select my gear for the course, i have stumbled into a small problem. The people at Halls suggested a UWATEC, and I dont doubt there suggestion, but I have always loved Citizens merchandise. Does anyone know about or have any experience with the Aqualand NX?If its sub-par XCOmpared to the Smart Pro wrist, ill probably just go for the titanium Eco-Drive Aqualand.Any experience with this?

Thanks, Xeno

Hey and welcome to the board. You might want to look at the UWATEC because the size of the display. It is a lot easier to read than the small display on the Citizen. Also if the watch gets knocked off on a piece of coral or a wreck there goes $850. I would look at getting a main computer like a Suunto or a UWATEC and also get a watch for time, safety stops ect... Citizens are great watches :thumb:. And I think UWATEC had some problems a little while ago with there Smart Pro series. You might want to look into it before you buy.

Thanks for the info. So would you suggest a console over the wwrist mounted? I like your idea of the duals. Its always good to have a backup.

Its all really a matter of preference. I have a UWATEC/OMS Bottom timmer and depth gauge along with a Aquacraft Sport. I use the bottom timmer to monitor my depth and I use my watch for my saftey stops. I wear both on my wrists because I like the information to be right infront of me so I don't have to fumble around with a console. I would get a wrist computer along with a Citizen thats not a full computer, but rather a timer and depth gauge. For instance:
A Citizen Depth Meter Chronograph along with a Suunto Viper.
Its all up to you, but I know I have some trouble seeing my watch on a dive with limited vis or a night dive. A computer with a bigger display might just be easier to see.

So would the titanium Eco-drive Aqualand work in replacement of the Depth Meter Chronograph? I had planed on a wrist mounte comp. and a dive watch, while using standard guages intergrated with my tank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom