• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

UWLD Heat Controller Review's Needed

Discussion in 'Light Dude' started by Bobby, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Bobby

Bobby Dive Equipment Manufacturer

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    I know I don't post much though I check the board regularly. I'm not strong in the marketing department and tend to concentrate more on making and developing our products. I've had a number of people contact me lately regarding our heat controller system and have asked me to point them to reviews of our products. So I'm asking, those that have experience, please post a review about our heat controller.

Thanks in advance,

Bobby

2. a878bob

a878bob Barracuda

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Hey Bobby, I’m been using your heat controller for several years now, coupled with the sitech inflation valve. I use it to run my vest and gloves. I dive exclusively in cold water, it’s 35’ now. Brrrr. And I couldn’t do it without your setup. I have the 107 batt and it will run a couple of hours.

The issue we have talked about previously is the sensitivity of the piezo switch, it doesn’t take much to hit the button and turn it off during a dive. Then really have to focus to turn it back on, my gloves are thick and I have to push it just right. So I’ve made a small cover for the piezo switch out of Tupperware and bungie. It protects the switch from banging onto my gear and turning off. It pulls out of the way and returns easily because of the bungie. I turn it on when kitting up and adjust on the fly while in the water.

Overall it’s probably my most valuable gear. Thank you!

Bobby likes this.
  3. JohnnyC

JohnnyC Divemaster

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    I’d love to be able to but every time I go to buy one I end up getting a contract OCONUS and have to put it on hold and stick to shallow recreational dives!

One day though......