V-Planner and Galileo Sol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheFix

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anybody know what V-Planner Conservatism setting(s) match up to Microbubble levels on the Uwatec Galileo Sol dive computer for decompression stop planning?

Does anybody know what V-Planner Conservatism setting(s) match up to Microbubble levels on the Uwatec Galileo Sol dive computer for decompression stop planning?

They use different algorithms.

I don't think you'll be able to match the exactly.

Terry

Thanks, but this I know... I guess a better question would be:

Does anyone have experience using both V-Planner and the Galileo Sol together for decompression diving, and if so, what V-Planner Conservatism setting and what Galileo Sol Microbubble level have you found match up best?

They use different algorithms.

I don't think you'll be able to match the exactly.

Terry

Does anyone have experience using both V-Planner and the Galileo Sol together for decompression diving, and if so, what V-Planner Conservatism setting and what Galileo Sol Microbubble level have you found match up best?

A buddy who dives a Uwatec computer uses "+2" on conservatism - his plan and computer are usually pretty close.

Of course the thing to remember is that V-Planner plans a square dive where you get to to a specific depth fairly quickly, stay there a while, and ascend to the next planned depth, etc. "Real" dives are rarely this regimented.

I own them both, but as was mentioned, they're just different beasts.

The Sol models actual dive conditions including actual time spent at each depth and recalculates deco requirements in real-time using actual data including heart rate and respiration and I beleive the water temperature, while vPlanner assumes a square profile and since it generates the plan before you ever get into the water, has no way of modifying your profile based on actual conditions.

What are you trying to do?

Terry

I'm not sure how much this might actually apply, but I have both the Galileo SOL and the Liquivision X-1 Running V-Planner Live. I'll be doing some tech diving in two weeks and was planning to put the SOL in gauge mode as a backup but may play with its settings and attempt to get it close to the X1. As others have said, they run two different algorithms so I'm not sure about it working out.

Thanks all,

I'm just taking my initial tech training now and am trying to get as close a match as possible on V-Planner and the Galileo Sol for my dive planning... stop depths and times, ascent and dive times. This info has all been very helpful, and I would be interested in hearing more on the matter if anybody comes up with anything.

TheFix - As a matter of curiosity, have you come to any form of conclusion around the MB Level setting on the Galileo vs. the Conservatism settings in V-Planner?

Has anyone heard lately of the projected release date of the trimix software?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom