V-Planner and Galileo Sol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zh-l8 adt mb pmg
Number of Tissues: 8
Half times: 0 to 640 minutes
MB levels: 5

Has anyone heard lately of the projected release date of the trimix software?

No, but this is an issue. The fact that the SOL does not do helium is a problem.

In fact, I wonder about all such computers that allow for multiple levels of nitrox on a dive without being able to do helium. I know that some divers do exceed NDLs on nitrox and then do deco on a different mix (and I have done this a number of times myself), but I would guess that the vast majority of divers who have the training to use more than one gas (especially three) on a dive are also trained in the use of helium--or will be soon.

The Trimix upgrade will be Free of charge and according to Scubapro reps, its "coming this spring of 2010".. in fact, its stated as so in the official Scubapro 2010..

Alorithm on Galileo is a ZH-L8 ADT

Meaning its a Buhlmann, Linear, 8 Compartment, Adaptive algorithm.. would have been nice if they did a full ZH-L16 but i guess the processor on the unit cant handle 16 realtime comparments :(

All that being said... Anyone have any comparative data on the v-planner conservatism settings versus Galileo MB Levels in terms of level and deco stop calculations?

Mostly the reason I ask is that when it comes out with Trimix, how close can you get it to V-Planner so that trimix deco dives dove on a Galileo and using v-planner based tables as backups. My hope is to get them very similar??

Back in February I did a wreck dive with a maximum depth of 170 using 21/35 for back gas and 100% O2 for deco. I cut three tables using V-Planner on +2. These were for backup. My buddy (who knew the wreck and was showing me around) was carrying two VR3s, and we used them for the primary guide.

I happened to have a SOL that Uwatec had loaned me to demo for the trip and which I had been using for the previous weeks non-helium dives. Just for the fun of it I took a guess and programmed the back gas for a medium level of nitrox (can't remember what) in an attempt to approximate the effects of the helium. I was not planning to depend on it in any way--just curious about the results. Amazingly, it had me done with the deco about the same time as the VR3 and not far off from the V-Planner.

For those of you who are purists, I also had a Ratio Deco schedule in my head.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom