V32 Proton on 300bar cylinders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slks-scuba

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Mares V32 proton ice and proton metal reg sets and both are run on 300bar cylinders, But it seems I am having to have the first stage valve seat replaced way very often and neither set makes an anual service.

One service center has said there is an issue with th v32 when used at 300bar, due to the way the valve is constructed and the materials used. Now i am a little concerened as i have two v32 stages and both have had the same failure far to often that leads to second stage overpressure leaks.
I even press te purge when opening the tank to try and limit the initial pressur surge on the valve seat.

Has anyone seen similar

Cheers

I suggest you have your service center replace the V32 proton seats with our new trimaterial poppet and seat. We have found the new system to be extremely reliable and durable in all conditions! I am quite certain once you upgrade your issues will become obsolete.

Part # 46200705

Best,

fantastic, Thats just what i needed, as a reg set their first rate, their off to the service centre this weekend,

Thanks

I have been using the new tri-material HP poppets in a number of different regs. In fact, I have a few from one of the earliest production runs. Their performance has been exceptional. I have two that regularly see pressures in excess of 230bar, and their intermediate pressure remains rock solid after many hours of use. I am keeping careful records to determine how long they will last before servicing is needed.

Greg Barlow
Former Science Editor for Rodale's Scuba Diving Magazine

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom