Validity of bodily injury liability waivers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hate to thread jack, and I almost feel like this is a silly question, but what about Mexico? Most of us dive outside the US. In the case of the dive shop I used in Mexico they put together our gear even when we were trying to do it ourselves. Having never presumably seen DIR gear the dive shop employee laughed and tide a knot with my 2nd stage hose to shorten it before handing it to me. Nothing else happened other than me yelling at the employees to untie my hose and hand it back to me, but I could see how this sort of ignorance and drive to get all the gear set up in a hurry could cause an issue. I signed a we aren't responsible for anything wafer, and initialed many lines.

I hate to thread jack, and I almost feel like this is a silly question, but what about Mexico? Most of us dive outside the US. In the case of the dive shop I used in Mexico they put together our gear even when we were trying to do it ourselves. Having never presumably seen DIR gear the dive shop employee laughed and tide a knot with my 2nd stage hose to shorten it before handing it to me. Nothing else happened other than me yelling at the employees to untie my hose and hand it back to me, but I could see how this sort of ignorance and drive to get all the gear set up in a hurry could cause an issue. I signed a we aren't responsible for anything wafer, and initialed many lines.

Hey Hebrewhammer,

Mexico? Good luck seeking redress there.

When in Mexico or most other countries, take care of yourself. Don't rely on the boat captain, the DM, or LDS.

My wife and I were scheduled to dive a rock that is about 25 nm off the beach (Manzanillo, MX). We watched the boat skipper prep the boat and test run the engines. It was a sorry site. We did not thumb the dive, we thumbed the entire trip. This boat was owned and managed by a very large hotel in Manzanillo. If the management was worried about being held financially or criminally liable for that sorry operation, things would have been different.

Take care of yourself. Buy a CO detector designed for checking SCUBA tanks.

markm

The crew cleaning the deck with butter is gross negligence, and ...

...paleo.

If this case ever made it to the 9th Circuit of Appeals in San Francisco, it would be overturned. The good news is that you would be become a treasured member of the Food Network and Costco would have a special Wookie buttered deckware section. You, Larry Ellison, and Paul Allen would have semi-annual contests to see who could build the world's largest private yacht see and how many aircraft could it handle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom