DIR- Generic Valve drills with short knob valves ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You posted a link to some specialized rebreather valves not a manifold. But I will give you some credit, you haven't turned this thread into an advertisement for UTD yet so that's an improvement.

I saw those knob valves on a set of LP doubles that I was thinking of buying but since you brought them up, UTD is doing great. They are under new management and I was quite impressed by their new curriculum. It has a portion dedicated to Spisni study and why "deep stops" need to be moved much higher / shallower etc.

I saw those knob valves on a set of LP doubles that I was thinking of buying but since you brought them up, UTD is doing great. They are under new management and I was quite impressed by their new curriculum. It has a portion dedicated to Spisni study and why "deep stops" need to be moved much higher / shallower etc.
My doubled lp121s have the tiny knobs. No issues working valves. Some older doubles I've seen have tiny hard plastic knobs, no issues working them, just issues with them potentially shattering.

They don’t look much larger than some old OMS valves. I didn’t have any troubles with those.

My first set of doubles I got used had these...I could do it but it wasn’t easy....I switched them with regular soft rubber nobs.

I'm more concerned wearing 3/4 of an inch of neoprene where I can't reach anything than my small knobs
Do we wear neoprene here

Because sinbad is bored and decided to started worrying about a manifold that doesnt even exist?

Pretty soon there will be a raging debate about whether sherwood, DGX, or thermo knobs are easier to turn compared to rebreather knobs

But on that question, not to start a rabbit hole....but...what is the easiest manifold/nob to shut down?

My first set of doubles that had those small nobs was an older dive rite manifold and then after I switched the nobs they were easier to reach but harder to turn.

But on that question, not to start a rabbit hole....but...what is the easiest manifold/nob to shut down?

My first set of doubles that had those small nobs was an older dive rite manifold and then after I switched the nobs they were easier to reach but harder to turn.

From my experience, at least with the common manifold brands around here (Scubatec/DirZone/Halcyon), it's less about the brand itself and more about how they are serviced.

I'm more concerned wearing 3/4 of an inch of neoprene where I can't reach anything than my small knobs
Do we wear neoprene here
I would say if you are over 3mil go dry. I love my dry suit, I trained in it all summer in 70*+ and still loved it

Yeah I get it, but it's dead winter before I'll use one, just gotta feel the water
Some of my valves spin easily some don't and I service them all got no idea

and some have less or more turns between on and off

H Diverite OMS some others I don't know which ones

It's the oring versus teflon between spindle and bonnet

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom