Valve ID and service pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubis

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone. 2 questions. First can anyone ID these valves? I recognize the o.m.s. brand but cant find them specifically online or even tank valves period on the OMS website. I pulled them off of two older (1980s) LP steel 50s that someone gave me. I wanted to put them onto my HP Steel 80s because they have the inserts and my current valves are true DINs. Which brings me to my next question. Since i pulled them off of LP tanks i will obviously need to change the burst discs. But are the valves themselves rated to certain service pressures? Or can they be interchanged with other tanks as long as the burst disc is rated for corresponding tank service pressure?
20180409_214059.jpg
20180409_214044.jpg

if you have the true 3500 psi hp80s, those valves will not fit. 3500 psi tanks require 7/8 valves whereas lp tanks and 3442 tanks use 3/4 valves. you can put a 5250 psi burst disc in them for 3442 tanks if desired.

if you have the true 3500 psi hp80s, those valves will not fit. 3500 psi tanks require 7/8 valves whereas lp tanks and 3442 tanks use 3/4 valves. you can put a 5250 psi burst disc in them for 3442 tanks if desired.

Spot on. And I personally put 5250 disks in all of my steel tanks

what they said, but the caps that are on those OMS valves have been recalled and should be replaced if you can find the new style before use, especially at HP
Thanks for the heads up!
Do you know if the recalled caps are replaced by OMS or are they just being taken out of service and I need to find new ones?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom