Vancouver dive charter recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seaweed Doc

MSDT
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'll be driving up to Vancouver at the end of the month for a week of meetings, and would like to take a day mid-week (likely Tuesday-Thursday somewhere) to go diving. Since I won't have a buddy with me, I figured a charter boat day trip would be ideal.

Any recommendations?

Some info that might help:

1. I like wall dives and hard rocky shores more than mud. I've spent my career diving in the mud, and this is for fun, not work!
2. Ideally, the departure point would be easily accessible from UBC by truck. (E.g., reasonable parking near a dock, and preferably not too far a drive.)
3. I'll also follow any local advice: If there's a site not to be missed, let me know!

So far, it looks like the Sea Dragon might be a good option?

If it makes you feel any warmer and fuzzier toward me, my mum and both her parents were born in Vancouver.

Sea dragon is awesome, if that works for your schedule you won’t regret it.

Thanks for the recommendation: I booked a dive with Sea Dragon on Thursday (Aug 2nd). I'm a little worried they may cancel due to lack of interest for a weekday. They need at least 4 divers, and yesterday I was the only person signed up. However, it looks like a couple more have booked.

If anybody is looking for a fun dive trip on Thursday, with a relatively small number of folks in the water at once, this could be it!
https://www.seadragoncharters.com/scuba-diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom