Vancouver diver looking for buddies.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TTT:
Did that vancouver dive club ever take off? I have been doing some diving lately, and I am feeling a lot more comfortable in the water. I am fairly busy right now with school, but if anyone one would like to head out with someone who is still new to the sport let me know, and hopfully we can work something out. I have only ever dove at whytecliff and at grey rock in indian arm. I would love to try out some new locations.

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Tommy

what's Grey Rock like?
Henry

Hello everyone....

After a 7 year hiatus, I've started diving again. I'm actually redoing my C card because I'd stopped diving before I moved to Vancouver... I've probably forgotten just enough to be dangerous.

... but I'm keen on meeting some of the local divers. :)

gchapman:
I'm actually redoing my C card because I'd stopped diving before I moved to Vancouver...
Well, I've done it! I had a good group of people in my class, and a good bunch of instructors -- it made for a thouroughly enjoyable experience. I have a few boat dives over the next while, and I'm already sniffing around about the AOW course.

Are there any Vancouver scheduled or regular dive meets? I've seen talk of a Vancouver dive club, but have yet to find a web page. I'd really like to meet up with other people and start building a potential buddy list.

Well, doing your AOW is definitely a good idea. Lots of dives here are over 60', actually I can't remember the last time I did one in less then 60'. Lots of dive shops organize weekday evening dives, and weekend dives. What shop are you diving with?

bcsean:
What shop are you diving with?
I'm currently diving with the BC Dive & Kayak crew. Pretty handy -- they're just a few blocks from my place...

Hey Freeman wana go diving some where this weekend
i live near Vancouver and want to find a buddie to go out with
lots Know any one? want to go the weekend im doing a night dive tomorow at Whytecliff park Im new to this web page trying to find buddies who want to go dive alllllll the time.
Aaron B @ eviddiver@yahoo.com

Freeman:
Diverjed- I wish you did too. I can't believe I have had this post up for this long and only had 1 local interest thus far.
Make it two
lets go diving asap Aaron B call me 778-549-2168
rescue diver

Give Ocean Quest dive shop in Burnaby a shout. They have free Wed. night and Sat. morning social dives. You just need to call them and sign up so that they know how many people to expect and what your level is. It's basically to promote business for the shop but they wont try to sell you anything. I don't work for them.

I am coming to van this week (end of july) looking for dive buddy's
Dive Mike

Freeman:
I am lookin for Vancouver types to dive when ever the urge hits em. I typically work 4 days a week and wishing to dive on the 2-3 days off. I have met a few people via the "Meet&Greets" board but lately haven't had much luck so I am hoping in here I will have a better shot. Oh yea, and if ya need references just ask lady6gill or Radagalf- we had a great dive(s) together.

So, is anyone up for a Mon/Tues day or night dive ? I typically am available Sun-Tues every week. Depending on the work schedule (bartender) I can sometimes dive THursday/Sat mid-late am. I am AOW/drysuit with decent skills.

Come on Vancouver, lets get out there, meet some new dive buddies and go for some dives :)

Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom