Vancouver diver looking for buddies.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Freeman:
I am lookin for Vancouver types to dive when ever the urge hits em. I typically work 4 days a week and wishing to dive on the 2-3 days off. I have met a few people via the "Meet&Greets" board but lately haven't had much luck so I am hoping in here I will have a better shot. Oh yea, and if ya need references just ask lady6gill or Radagalf- we had a great dive(s) together.

So, is anyone up for a Mon/Tues day or night dive ? I typically am available Sun-Tues every week. Depending on the work schedule (bartender) I can sometimes dive THursday/Sat mid-late am. I am AOW/drysuit with decent skills.

Come on Vancouver, lets get out there, meet some new dive buddies and go for some dives :)

Cheers,

Give me a shout at peterbegon@yahoo.com, I'am always looking for new dive buddys. I live in Richmond. I have the afternoons off and would love to get wet.
Peter

I live in Richmond too, but I've done the majority of my dives in tropical waters. I'd like to start the search for a drysuit, does anyone know where to go looking for them/what shops are a good start?

magnetite:
Give Ocean Quest dive shop in Burnaby a shout. They have free Wed. night and Sat. morning social dives. You just need to call them and sign up so that they know how many people to expect and what your level is. It's basically to promote business for the shop but they wont try to sell you anything. I don't work for them.
Ocean Quest is my "home" LDS. I did my AOW with them and now I'm using a rental package. They're a great bunch and I've dived with some really nice people who also deal with them.

I've been going on dives with Ocean Quest since I got certified this spring/summer, but I'd like to get in on some private dives with as well. I've dived at Whytecliff Park, Porteau Cove and Ansell Point.

PS. I have no affiliation with Ocean Quest other than being a satisfied customer.

Don't go to a shop just because it's close. Go to one that's good. There are enough to choose from down here. and also, depends what you're looking for, tech, rec... Different dive shops offer different things.

bcsean:
Don't go to a shop just because it's close. Go to one that's good. There are enough to choose from down here. and also, depends what you're looking for, tech, rec... Different dive shops offer different things.

Well of course I'd like to go to one thats good, but I also don't want to sit in traffic for an extra hour each way trying to return tanks, etc. So I guess I should ask: are there any good shops out there that are also a convenient drive to/from Richmond. There are some shops on 4th in Kits, but I had a bad experience with one (BC Dive).

I believe Rowans Reef (not sure the spelling on that) is in Richmond is it not?
Or try Ocean Pro in White Rock, better than driving into the city.

Mike Veitch:
I believe Rowans Reef (not sure the spelling on that) is in Richmond is it not?
Rowands Reef Shop is on Granville Island. I did my OW with them. They are nice people, but traffic and parking on Granville Island positively sucks.

Ocean Pro is my LDS and they're great. IDC downtown and GPD are also really good to deal with.

Hi guys.. I'm fairly new on these boards, but have been diving since 86. I had a long siesta the past few years, but getting back into it again with a friend of mine who was recently certified.

We went out to Whytecliff park the other weekend and couldn't believe how many divers were out there. There were loads of classes there too. I estimated 40 people in the water at the same time. Hilarious.

It seems there are loads of possible divers around. How to get them to login and post on this board is the biggest problem.

My partner and I are just getting geared up (shopping for drysuits, regs, BC's etc). I have some of these pieces already, but need a suit and weightbelt etc.

Anyways. Hope to see you guys swimming in the crowd sometime.

Doug.

Edit: A few thoughts on where to buy a drysuit. Divetank has crazy cheap prices ( https://www.divetank.com/gear/ ). They sell Bare suits. Whites drysuits are going on sale in September, they have some great looking models with a good choice of colors if your into that. Whites can be purchased from Ocean Quest near Boundary and Canada Way. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom