vancouver diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

greg somers

Reaction score
I'm in Vancouver in late sept/early oct.Who are some good dive charter co.s I can go with?.I am also interested in halibut fishing.Any ideas? Finally,I have a 5mm suit with boots,gloves,hood.Will that be warm enough? I have dived 10 degrees C with this suit.Hope someone can help.
Cheers all ears,
The Gasman.

Greg, what you want to do is take the ferry across to Nanaimo then go see the ppl at Ocean Exporers Diving. They are good ppl and will show you some good dive site. As for your 5mm wet suit, better trade it in for at least a 7mm or even a dry suit. Not to often the water hits 10c, let alone at depth. Have fun and make sure you take a camera with you. Once you dive the west coast of Canada you will be hooked.

Ditto that, get in touch with Ocean Exporers Diving. You can stay at the Buccaneer Motel almost right across the street from them, they are especially accomodating to divers. Let's see, Centrigrade conversion, double it and add 30 ... 50F?

I don't see how you can stand only a 5mil wet suit, the water temp is around 55F, so if you're used to that, fine. Most people use a 6.5 or 7mil or dry suit. You can do the Saskatchewan, then go to the "Commy" in downtown Nanaimo afterwards for your dive "debriefing".

I have been told that the viz around Vancouver is not the greatest, because of the Fraser river, but like the others have more or less said, Vancouver Island is the place to go, if you are interested in diving around Victoria, I would recommend Ocean Sports. I have never been in the Victoria store, but I have been in the sister store. Found staff knowledgeable, and good prices. Sorry I can't give the first hand account, I hope to be diving out there soon though.

Greg, Try This Link

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom