Vancouver Vis Condition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dont think there is a "remove thanks" button, oh well you get a freebie!
Ill try to give it a shot next weekend if my buddies are up for it

VT is 330 and yes it is out there... in Bedwell bay. However it is almost totally collapsed. Not much left of it either. When you think you've missed it, just keep swimming more cuz your bound to hit it. Happens to me everytime we go there. I think we've missed the thing and we keep getting deeper and nothing... another 5 minutes of swimming and we land smack into her side. :)

The Nakaya is pretty easy to find too. Just keep swimming northish from the granthal
Check this out:
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/porteau/porteaudiving.pdf

John

Kelvin grove today was about 40 ft viz at depth. Nice and clear in the shallows too. Chilly though. About 8 C at depth, but only 5 C shallow. It was strange, at first I couldn't understand why we were comfy for the dive, but then got cold during the safety stop.

March 10th, Buntzen Lake. Good vis 30'+. Very quiet, 41*F at 60'.

Picture2001-6.jpg

March 11th, Whytecliffe. Sucky vis 5-10' on the cut, 10-20' in the bay. Randy found the octo on the right wall at about 60'.

Picture2009.jpg

Last edited:
Buggars! I want to go. Damn head colds!:banghead:

Don't feel too bad Mustang, I tore my calf muscle getting out at Kelvin Grove and am out of the water for a while.

The ocean will still be there boys....

Mike, did that hurt?

Um.. in a word.. YES

I actually thought at one point that I had broken my leg. There was this snapping sensation followed by extreme pain (the muscle tearing)

At the time I was climbing up the embankment to the stairs at Kelvin Grove with all my gear on (twins) when it let loose. Good thing for buddies, she had to carry all my gear up as I was not capable of doing it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom