VDH BP/W package review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What other plates better designed for single tank diving other then the freedom plate that is SS?
Not much to my knowledge. Nobody has figured out a way to form thick stainless into a multiple compound contoured shape via higher mechanized production runs that is cost effective. They need to be hand formed which is why they are very time consuming to make and therefore very limited.
I’m waiting for someone to leapfrog off me but so far in almost 13 years still nothing. Everybody insists on going the cheap route and cranking out the same doubles plates.
No imagination.

Not much to my knowledge. Nobody has figured out a way to form thick stainless into a multiple compound contoured shape via higher mechanized production runs that is cost effective. They need to be hand formed which is why they are very time consuming to make and therefore very limited.
I’m waiting for someone to leapfrog off me but so far in almost 13 years still nothing. Everybody insists on going the cheap route and cranking out the same doubles plates.
No imagination.
That sounds about right I’ve combed the forums and the Freedom plate looks awesome and it’s not just a backplate it could also be mounted on the wall as art! I put my name on the list can’t wait to get one.

Does anyone know if an Air2 can be connected to the VDH wing?

What other plates better designed for single tank diving other then the freedom plate that is SS?

Delete. I see the answer was given before I finished reading through the thread.

There's also the 316 SS Australian designed Gadget Design Mercury MK II... still sold via Scubadoctor here in Melbourne ( I have no affiliation with either company)

Gadget Design Mercury Mk II.jpg

Gadget Design Mercury Backplate - The Scuba Doctor Dive Shop

Edited to add... it also needs a single tank adaptor!
Gadget Design Single Tank Adapter - The Scuba Doctor Dive Shop

There's also the 316 SS Australian designed Gadget Design Mercury MK II... still sold via Scubadoctor here in Melbourne ( I have no affiliation with either company)

View attachment 478116
Gadget Design Mercury Backplate - The Scuba Doctor Dive Shop

Edited to add... it also needs a single tank adaptor!
Gadget Design Single Tank Adapter - The Scuba Doctor Dive Shop
It looks like those upper “wings” would dig into the shoulder blades as opposed to the FP that sits between.

Nice plate, but as you've pointed out, it's designed double tanks.

The VDH wing and the DGX plate fit together nicely.

Does it really because I'm thinking of using that configuration. Do you use just the cam bands to secure it or do you also use sex bolts or something like that?

VDH wings back in stock

Back
Top Bottom