VDH BP/W package review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just my female sensitivities showing through :wink: Ok men, carry on...
You are welcome to post here anytime!
I agree that early on I should have just deleted a bunch of nonsense but didn't because I was concerned that there might be new divers in the group who were not familiar with certain "personalities" of SB and might get the impression that I had something to hide or that what was being slung at me was true. The thread has run the whole gambit and came to the conclusion I thought it would.
Am I right all the time ABSOLUTELY NOT....Most of the time you need to water me twice a week to keep me alive......What I have been smart enough to do is keep a very close group of extremely talented engineers and fabricators who are also diver around me. Trust me they have zero filter when it comes to telling me I'm full of S**T and love to do so.

Er, ah, humm. Bryan *is* the moderator in this forum.......

Tobin
I knew he was the owner (wasn’t sure you did) but didn’t realize he had the web access/tools to do the moderation himself. Given that additional infor I find it even more impressive that he allowed you the freedom of access in his forum that he did.

If I wasn't already married to my Oxycheq 18# for single tank diving, the VDH wings would be the only ones I'd consider right now based on price vs performance. They're really freakin' sexy, and if I ever wear my current singles wing out, it's the VDH that will be replacing it.

I knew he was the owner (wasn’t sure you did) but didn’t realize he had the web access/tools to do the moderation himself. Given that additional infor I find it even more impressive that he allowed you the freedom of access in his forum that he did.
Scuba Board is its own microcosm of various personality types just like everyday life is. Talking through the net only makes it more difficult as tone, inflection, sarcasm etc are all lost so often times things come out differently than folks intend for them to. Same with personalities. There are a lot of folks on here that I'd like to know in person and quite a few I'm glad I don't. I've seen several YouTube videos about the 7 types of people you see at the shooting range.....If you interchanged X weapon for X scuba gear they would act exactly the same.
I try to follow the golden rule and if I don't have anything nice, constructive or funny to say I just don't say much at all. Today being one of the exceptions where I tried to be nice but after a certain point I said F that and let it rip.
Tobin is a well known expert in his field and has a long track record of making and selling great products. I'd be the last one to deride him on those points. But that does not give him carta blanca to ride roughshod over me with unfounded accusations based wholly in assumptions without one iota of actual hands on experience with my products. This goes on all the time on SB with the "well I heard" or "from what I see" or "I think" crowd that again has no hands on knowledge or experience using my gear. I expect that from DB's like that. They have 100000000 posts, 50 lifetime dives and have owned every piece of gear under the sun, collected every specialty card they can and even took a hotel coffee break repair seminar to make them an expert on regulator service. I expect childish nonsense like that from them...But I do not expect it nor will I tolerate it from someone in my peer group that should know better. It is not only rude but it is extremely unprofessional.

If I wasn't already married to my Oxycheq 18# for single tank diving, the VDH wings would be the only ones I'd consider right now based on price vs performance. They're really freakin' sexy, and if I ever wear my current singles wing out, it's the VDH that will be replacing it.
I expect that within a couple of dives your Argonaut Kraken will lash out and destroy your Oxycheq. I can have a new Argonaut wing shipped out to you tomorrow .....COME ON ....ALL THE COOL KIDS ARE DOING IT :crafty:

I think a "trade in/trade up" program is warranted.... :stirpot:

I expect that within a couple of dives your Argonaut Kraken will lash out and destroy your Oxycheq. I can have a new Argonaut wing shipped out to you tomorrow .....COME ON ....ALL THE COOL KIDS ARE DOING IT :crafty:

So you’re saying it’s a safety issue if I don’t immediately replace my old wing with a new Argonaut wing?

:rofl3:

since I've been out of town all weekend, I'll dig through this all later, but here's some questions to answer

@tbone1004

What is the advantage of using the dss opv compared to the stock vdh one?
it uses a thicker cord which is more durable, I think it has a better "feel" and it is less prone to getting stuff clogged into it. Personal preference, but the thicker cord is nice, especially when diving with gloves

While I don’t GAF of actual capacity my impromptu testing of the VDH 18 is closer to 20, either way it performing great on the freedom plate here in Truk Lagoon with more than enough lift. I am considering the 35 for home cold water use where I dive the long DSS / weight plates added with a Dive Rite 35.

Tbone, try the din on your Kraken with an adaptor to yoke and it will put the can on your back with a standard doubles type plate, dove it in Monterey just before this warm water trip.

I've tried that before, but Kraken I have is a bit old so uses the Titan din screws and it stands off a bit too much. Have it right on my back with the standard yoke now which is good.

Brian, im sure this is a long shot but it would be amazing if you were able to do a run or two that has the opv on the back of tge wing. Same side, just on the back. So much easier to butt dump if it was there.

I have the dump on the back of my travel wing and can't stand it. When you go to pull on the dump you put a bunch of twisting motion on the wing which is unnecessary and when the wing has air in it, it is wrapping around the tank which puts the opv closest to the tank. Any wings you've used with it on the back side that makes you want it or is it theoretical? Hell, if you want one, I'll make you a great deal on that travel wing...

Back
Top Bottom