VDH DSV Leak by

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...then we are discussing a DSV issue.

Agree.

@EberWolf Probably the "square" seal. Bryan refers to it as the "center opening o-ring" about 5 min into the video.The center opening seal is not really a square o-ring, but it encloses the square shape of the mouthpiece port. Sometimes this seal becomes dislodged or rolled and either lets water in or gas out. Therefore it's important to properly lubricate the outer barrel (about 4:20 into the vid.)

Over time, you'll develop a feel and know when the DSV is fully opened/closed properly or in the ops case if something ain't right.

Diving it in salt water is also going to take more maintenance/tlc as the residue that can remain in that dynamic space will cause problems. My freshwater one is going on 3 years without being touched, and I had to rebuild the one I use(d) in saltwater twice already.

Nice diagram, but un-idle your hands and add the o-ring that goes around the square part of the mouthpiece opening.
Un-idled and updated... earlier CAD model!

Un-idled and updated... earlier CAD model!

@Fibonacci

Very good. One more request. How about annotating the drawing with the o-ring sizes and upload as a PDF file?

Cheers mate.

Couv

@Fibonacci

Very good. One more request. How about annotating the drawing with the o-ring sizes and upload as a PDF file?

Cheers mate.

Couv

No worries :)
Will upload a traditional line drawing exploded view with part numbers as a PDF.

TIA!

DSV Exploded View and parts list uploaded as PDF (updated to hi-res)... I couldn't find a parts list on the VDH website, so made up my own.

Its easy to copy an existing assembly, much harder to successfully design and actually get it into production, so all due credit to @Luis H, @Herman Bryan at VDH and test team :thumb:

Attachments

• DSV Complete ASSY BOM.PDF
    81.8 KB · Views: 201
Thought I'd chime in on this as I was having a similar issue, in that I'd regularly get wet breathing during a dive, some small bubbles escaping from the DSV if I roll on my back. Looks as though it may have been the zip tie for the rubber mouthpiece that was too small and hence couldn't be tightened properly. Seemed fine at first but any pressure on the mouthpiece from turning your head or looking up / down and it wasn't sealing perfectly. Fitted a bigger (wider) zip tie which seems to have resolved the problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom