Velcro coming off my Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kern

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys, the velcro strips that hold the skin onto the core of my Fusion are falling off around the zip & right ankle. They're tearing off along the stitching. Any suggestions for repair that doesn't include re stitching.

I was thinking of using some heat activated tape to glue the velcro hook strips onto the core. Anyone know if the heat tape will stick to the velcro.

Doug, I have the same problem - velcro tearing at the edge at the zipper hear the dump valve - suit is about 2.5 years old.

I'd appreciate it if you pm'd or e-mailed me the solution when you find one.

Give you a call 09.00 hours, August 5, your time Doug.

Hmmm . . . I'll be watching this one. My Velcro hasn't begun to come off yet, but Larry's suit and mine are contemporaries. My only problem so far is that the piping is coming apart. Looks yucky, but has no functional significance, and the suit has a right to look a little the worse for wear!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom