Venice Beach dive sun 30th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hounddog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
scubathrill shall be doing the venice beach dive on sun 30th to film....so all that want to be part of the dive contact me at scubathrill@gmail.com and we shall take it from there...all divers are welcome .....it is all about the fun and showing what we have in tampa ...ty
the more the merry
time to have fun on cam

ty

Since tomorrow isn't going to work out I am hoping you'll plan another day, yes?

Today ended up being pretty nice. I hadn't planned on going diving, but one of my wife's friends called her and wanted to hang out at North Jetty Park. Never being one to turn down an invite to the beach and a possible dive, we decided to make a family day of it. If you ever want to see the damage that "beach renourishment" does to a reef, dive at North Jetty Park. I swam out at least a quarter mile and saw maybe three rocks and two fish. It was like the Mojave Desert underwater. Vis was pretty impressive at 15 ft., probably because there just wasn't anything there to reduce it. It was all sugar sand and no silty stuff. Oh well, got wet, got some exercise. Can't complain.

Also stopped at Alhambra on the way back. I had half a tank from a dive yesterday that I wanted to use up. Got in the water at 1815 for a 45 min. dive. Vis was 5 or 6ft.

Today ended up being pretty nice. I hadn't planned on going diving, but one of my wife's friends called her and wanted to hang out at North Jetty Park. Never being one to turn down an invite to the beach and a possible dive, we decided to make a family day of it. If you ever want to see the damage that "beach renourishment" does to a reef, dive at North Jetty Park. I swam out at least a quarter mile and saw maybe three rocks and two fish. It was like the Mojave Desert underwater. Vis was pretty impressive at 15 ft., probably because there just wasn't anything there to reduce it. It was all sugar sand and no silty stuff. Oh well, got wet, got some exercise. Can't complain.

Also stopped at Alhambra on the way back. I had half a tank from a dive yesterday that I wanted to use up. Got in the water at 1815 for a 45 min. dive. Vis was 5 or 6ft.

Dag diversolo,

After the workout we had yesterday, paddling against the wind, where did ya get the energy to go out again today? My mind wishes I had gone out again today but my body is screaming "are you crazy!" :D Hey, if ya get any dives in during the week, how about shootin' me viz reports. Some friends of mine are in town & want to dive on Saturday. Tanks!:D

Dag diversolo,

After the workout we had yesterday, paddling against the wind, where did ya get the energy to go out again today? My mind wishes I had gone out again today but my body is screaming "are you crazy!" :D Hey, if ya get any dives in during the week, how about shootin' me viz reports. Some friends of mine are in town & want to dive on Saturday. Tanks!:D

With all the kids I have, I have to have a lot of energy. I'd love to dive with you guys, but according to my wife, I cashed in all of my weekend dive chits and went into the hole a bit. It will probably not be until the mega-dive that I see the water on the weekend if then.

Did a half tank quickie lunch dive at Alhambra (my first job ended up being in Osprey - how convenient:) ) Vis was definitely down a little from the weekend, maybe 3 to 4ft.
There's a lot of rotting seaweed being torn apart and being held in suspension by the wave action. It was also ebb tide when I went in, so it probably will be better near high tide. Also I talked with Jeff, a local professional toother who dives 5 or 6 times a week there and he thought it was going to improve later in the week.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom