Venice yak diving, anyone interested?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That would be fun. Maybe if we can stay after dark, we can roast marshmallows or something..
The Bullas may kayak. When I mentioned it to Kris, she was game. They sorta have a canoe, and not sure if they access to some kayaks...

Sounds like a REALLY fun day!!!!!!! S'mores...a plan!!! Do they have enough chairs to bring, I only planned on my backpacking chair. This weekend is yet another trial run for the kayak/camping trip in February, so I'm planning on going minimalist (except for the car LOL!) I can pack chairs but you need to let me know in advance. I can also pack my big two-burner stove but again...need to know in advance. I was going to practice using my teeny stove and teeny pot, but I can bring other stuff if I have company. :)

Pack for yourself so you can practice. No need to bring extra stuff. We will make sure we have chairs n stuff.
6 ft. leash on dogs, right? How many pups per campsite? :D :D :D

No limit to pups. Just pup tents! :) I don't know how to make a campfire, will need some help.

BTW, my new camping gear is so tiny that I could camp from my Miata!!! Except for the yak, that is!

Nice! I still need a truck! LOL
Will get with Kris the next day or so and let her know of our plans. Will be fun!

It sure will and let's pray for good weather!

Cool Beans indeedidive, where 'bouts do you live?
It was suggested to me the first time to dive is to load all the gear and find an unexposed area to practice with the gear on and off, and stuff. Dennis S suggested Whiskey Creek on this coast.

What is the gulf temp now? Would think they will be dropping more in the next couple days with this cold front coming in.

Lee Co(Cape Coral), i've get a spot picked out, I think will work. Bu I'm kinda behind schedule, i had planned on getting the boat all rigged this weekend and spend a couple afternoons practicing,and it didn't work out that way. I was on call with work i ended up working all weekend,my call goes right up to x-mas and things have been busier than I had fig'd. I may have to put off this weekend and concentrate on prepping the boat and keeping up with all the family stuff for the holidays. I'm on vacation week after x-mas will have lots of time to practice and fine tune, and will be ready for the real thing after the 1st.

Reminder to all yakkers, some of us will be paddling the Estero River on Saturday, launching from Koreshan State Historical Site. More info in posts above. If you want to join us, PM your cell phone number to me before Friday night. The more the merrier!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom