VEO 3.0 Battery Cover Stuck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

victor

Contributor
Reaction score
I am trying to change the battery on my Oceanic VEO 3.0.
I have removed the black cover plate.
The semi clear battery cover will not move.
I have tried to warm up gently with a hair drier but no luck.
I am in Langkawi Malaysia so returning it to a dealer or Oceanic is not very practical.
Any suggestions please.

you can try to gently pry it with a toothpick or your fingernail. you just want to be very careful not to damage the plastic.

Tried the prying trick being very gentle and it did not budge.
I read on another thread that it was a partial vacuum.
Using steam from an old fashioned kettle to warm the compartment and off it popped.
Now I just need to hope that no water entered anything important and it fully dried out.
Everything seems to be Ok but the next dive will tell.

I use a very small flat head screwdriver and gently insert the blade into the crack between the cover and the battery compartment. A slight twist has never failed to release the cover, slight vacuum or not :)

upload_2017-11-6_10-53-27.png

On the Veo 3.0 the battery cover is inset into the casting. From the videos, blogs, etc they don't explain that the cover sits in not over the housing meaning that there is a join between the two close to the outside.
Now that I have removed it I can see that it might be possible to do as you suggest.

I use a very small flat head screwdriver and gently insert the blade into the crack between the cover and the battery compartment. A slight twist has never failed to release the cover, slight vacuum or not :)

View attachment 433794

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom